Tuesday, October 26, 2010

@ Mt Sinai for Yhoalibeth's Operation

"

Quiero mi Caramelo!" That was the last thing Yhoalibeth said to me this morning as she went into the OR shortly after 8am this morning. Needless to say, emotions are high as I sit here in the pediatric ICU waiting room at Mt. Sinai. As expected, as I look around, the room is filled with worry and nervousness. It is a big day, this can truly be a life-changing experience for Yhoalibeth and her entire family. But with such a great opportunity also comes great apprehension and anxiety. I'm happy to say that she was in very good spirits, smiling, and laughing with the doctors even as she was being prepped for the OR. She kept asking me: "Andres (or as she says Ambres), me puedes consiguir unas papas fritas? (can you get me some french fries)?", she was starving as she hadn't eaten since 7pm the night before.

The doctors say this a very big and complex surgery that will last 8-10+ hours. Its days like today that really make your appreciate what you have. The great hearts of the surgeons lending their expertise to her case and the bravery of 4 year-old Yhoalibeth to go into the OR and battle this head on! I ask that we all pray for her. God Bless you Yhoalibeth!
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate